Monday, August 15, 2011

Painting at Goat Island

Last week I set out into the world hoping to get some plein air painting done. I had intended to paint a particular field, one that I had driven past on my move up here, but I missed my exit. Instead I ended up near the Willamette River, which I figured was for the best. After all, it was an adventure, wasn't it?

Though they were entertaining and abundant, I resisted the urge to include the jet-skiers wake-boarders and focused on the humorously named Goat Island.

Goat island.
3 1/2" x 5 1/4". Oil on linen.

And when that was finished I turned 180 degrees and painted what was behind me. This painting was done with more urgency as the light was changing rapidly, and I was now racing the setting sun. But I think I pulled it out and I walked away with another delightful little study.

Northward Willamette.
3 1/2" x 5 1/4". Oil on linen.

No comments: