Thursday, January 8, 2009

Octopuses

Octopuses! Now, before I get an avalanche of angry letters, octopuses is the correct pluralization for octopus. I know too many people who have taken too many marine biology classes to make the common octopii mistake. I've witnessed said bio-nerds lecturing people on their pluralization faux pas and I don't want to be on the receiving end of that wrath.

With that being said, I got a random request from someone to post more octopuses - and as random as that request may have been, I randomly had a painting of an octopus laying around. This was done as a birthday present for an acquaintance not too long ago. I'm surprised I still have it, honestly. I suppose the temptation for art isn't as strong for everyone as it is for me.

Oil on board. 8x10

1 comment:

Dalton G Crosthwait said...

Frame it for me... Since your friend doesn't like octopii.
Also I'd like to put in a request for a painting involving an octopus and a slender woman with some sexiness!

I love this painting.